Friday, November 12, 2010

Care and feeding of the Beast!


I've been too busy to tackle some do it yourself projects on my M5, so it's just about to return from the dealer with a new thermostat, new hoses and belts, a new fuel filter, new bushings, and new O2 sensors. My business associates question the money I have put into maintaining my M5, but after one ride, most feel it is unlike any car you can buy today. One of my engineers, an automotive enthusiast like myself, is now actively looking for an E39 M5. I get so much enjoyment out of my M5, I look at it as money spent to enhance the quality of life and the pursuit of happiness. I do have a frustrating moment with my Beast now and then when an SES light pops on or the FSU fails, but when it's dry and the sun is shining down on the road, I have a smile from ear to ear while I'm driving her! There's a lot of sentiment that sports sedans are getting too large these days and the E39 is the perfect blend of size, performance and handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment