Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Hidden File


Getting ready to take the dog, "Marty" to the vet, my wife pulled out my thick folder marked "M" by accident. In it I had every receipt for maintenance on my M5 in the last four years. At first I thought I was in for big trouble, since there are receipts for about $12,000 worth of tires, oil, pixel repair, brakes, guibo, battery, parts, etc in there and I didn't think she had any idea what I spent on my M5.
All she said was, "I know you get a lot of enjoyment out of your BMW, and I really am glad you take such good care of it, so we'll have it around for a long time." WHEW~ She drives it now and then and likes everything about it, except for the manual shift. Some of my friends at work call my M5 the "money pit."
They change their tune fast if they've ever ridden in my M5 and so far, I've made three converts to BMW, one even bought an E39 M5 after riding in mine.
I'd spend much more money upgrading to a new sport sedan and there's nothing out there I like as much as my M5!

No comments:

Post a Comment