Thursday, July 28, 2011

E28 M5

It's rare to see any M5 around here, but to see an E28 (not the one pictured below) parked in front of Lowes yesterday was a real treat. I pulled up next to it and with the AC running waited for him to come out of the store. After 10 minutes he came walking out with a ceiling fan in a large box. I got out of my M5 and we started talking. It turns out Bill (in his 60s I am guessing) is the second owner of this black beauty with 233,000 miles on it and except for the obvious wear items like tires,radiator hoses, batteries etc. it's all original with no accidents and very little engine work done. He did have the driver's seat replaced from wear, and the headliner redone, but otherwise the interior was all original. He was very pround to tell me that this is the car that started the //M5 tradition. He did say that parts were getting harder and harder to find in the US for the E28. We made a date to have dinner together with our wives next month

so I can do a photoshoot of out two M5s together!

No comments:

Post a Comment