Thursday, May 13, 2010

335i Final Thoughts





There are several positive aspects to taking your car to the BMW dealer to get fixed. Besides for knowing it will be done right with genuine BMW parts, you have the pleasure of driving a nice loaner. In my case, it was a new 335i hardtop/convertible.

The fit and finish on this car were impeccable. If you're tall, you'll love the 335i hardtop/convertible. My 6 ft 5 frame has never been in a hardtop car with this much headroom. I love my M5, but I was VERY IMPRESSED with the power of the twin turbo 6 cylinder and when I took her back to the dealer after a week and 242 miles, it showed a 22.4 mpg avg in a 50/50 mix of spirited city and highway driving.

At highway speeds and above this car is rock solid with a cabin so quiet you have to watch the speedometer so you don't get carried away. The seats were EXTREMELY comfortable and the handling was exceptional on twisty hilly country roads. I'm sold on the heated steering wheel - the two cool mornings we had made me an instant convert. If you are older and have any arthritis in your hands, you'll love this heated wheel year round! It was hard to give her back just as I was getting used to the chime and windows going up that extra eighth of inch after you close the door, but great to get back into my M5. It's a luxury car with performance almost on a par with the M5, but at a fraction of the price of a new M5.

No comments:

Post a Comment