Thursday, May 13, 2010

My M5 Dealer Experience


Just got my M5 back after getting new differential, transmission, brake, and coolant fluid. They found the driveshaft bolts were loose and the guibo was worn slightly bending the driveshaft and causing a slight vibration over 60 mph. Some of the bolts were overtorqued and some were greatly under torqued. The Beast now has a new driveshaft and guibo and while they were under it they saw the link for the rear stabilizer bar and bracket had broken. I also had the spark plugs replaced.

I dealt with an outstanding service advisor, Mike Crader, who has been with the dealership 25 years. He REALLY knows BMWs and what makes them tick! He kept me abreast of what was happening to my Beast and how much things would cost. He pulled up all the work that had ever been done on my M5 at a dealership - very interesting! He even made sure my M5 was kept inside when storms were forecast over the weekend.

They also recommended new tires and got me a good dealer price on them. Taking off the old run flats and putting on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s made the car ride like brand new. The new transmission fluid (I know BMW says it's a lifetime fill) makes the transmission shift much easier and overall I feel like I'm driving a new car again. They also aligned all four wheels and found the right rear was grossly out of alignment. I didn't even know you could align the rear wheels.

You hear lots of stories about bad experiences at dealerships, but I have nothing but the highest praise for the quality of work done on my M5 at Autohaus BMW. I thought the costs were fair and I know the work was done by BMW master mechanics with genuine BMW parts. I intend to keep her a long time and quality maintenance is a major part of that picture. If I had to rate them, I'd give them 5 stars out of 5! It's amazing what replacing worn out parts and fluids can do for a car! Once again, it's the Ultimate Driving Machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment