Tuesday, June 1, 2010

M5 Road Trip Part 3 - Vail


Saw something I had never seen before yesterday....a 1990 Ferrari Testarosa with SNOW TIRES on the back wheels (I got up close and saw they were Pirelli TSs 255/50-16s, so I'm guessing they were custom made because I can't find anything like them online).....only in Vail. It had California plates, and the Porsche 911 in front of it had Maine plates. I also saw a beautiful Alpine White M5 E60 on the same street with Colorado plates. I never thought of it until now, but Vail is a place you can see about any fast car you could dream of, including a red Lamborghini last night after dinner. It's like parking by The Ring in Germany!
This afternoon it will be time to pack up and head East again spending the evening in Denver or Goodland, depending on what time we get underway. So far our M5 has run beautifully and we saw a 10 minute thunderstorm in the mountains, but other than that - we've had sunny blue skies. This is the PERFECT TIME to be here - past the ski season and just before the summer tourist season! Most expensive gas we have seen so far is here - $3.69 a gallon for premium.

No comments:

Post a Comment